- Trainer: Gordon Elliott
- Jockey: TBC
- Owner: Gigginstown House Stud
- Age: 9
- Likely Festival Target: National Hunt Challenge Cup
- Current Price: 4-1 (Betway) (13th February)
- Season Form Figures: 112
- Cheltenham Record: 1
- Cheltenham Festival Record: 1
- Big-race wins: Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys' Handicap Hurdle (2017), Irish Daily Mirror Novice Hurdle (2017)
"He is a Cheltenham Festival winner, as he won the Martin Pipe and , more recently, he finished second to Battleoverdoyen, making him pull out all the stops. He is the sort of horse that doesn’t do anything flashy, but he is a good jumper and we know he can handle the occasion and everything else.
I would rather back him than the favourite Carefully Selected as I wasn’t impressed with the way that horse jumped at Naas last time. He can’t win at Cheltenham jumping like that and Champagne Classic would be the one for me.
His second to Battleoverdoyen over three miles at Leopardstown in December was a quality run. He wasn’t stopping and you would hope he would stay the longer trip here.
He beat a good yardstick in Discorama at Wexford in October and looks to be going the right way over fences."
The Bottom Line
- Strong Suit
- “He is a previous Festival winner and brings a good level of form into the race.”
- Weak Spot
- “There is no guarantee about the trip.”