- Trainer: Emma Lavelle
- Jockey: A Coleman
- Owner: Andrew Gemmell
- Age: 8
- Likely Festival Target: Stayers' Hurdle
- Current Price: 4/5 (Betway) (6th February)
- Season Form Figures: 11
- Cheltenham Record: 0111
- Cheltenham Festival Record: 01
- Big-race wins: Long Walk Hurdle (2018), Stayers' Hurdle (2019)
“The Stayers’ Hurdle look earmarked for PAISLEY PARK. It is very hard to get away from him and he just looks a very good stayer. These stayers are a special breed, and we have seen in recent times with the like of Big Buck’s, Inglis Drever and Baracouda, that once they stake their place as the best, it is a position they are more than capable of retaining.
Emma Lavelle has done a fantastic job with him and he is going to be very hard to beat. Since his run in the Albert Bartlett he has been unbeaten and won his last seven, and it is hard to look past him.
There will be plenty of people, including me, who make him a banker in bets for multiples and he look solid.
It was a stop start gallop in the Cleeve Hurdle at Cheltenham last time and they still couldn’t beat him and he had some strong rivals behind. He is getting so much easier to ride nowadays and has become a little bit sweeter and is such a strong finisher.”
The Bottom Line
- Strong Suit
- “He has been there, done it and got the t-shirt and seems a bit more predictable.”
- Weak Spot
- “He will give you a coronary if you’ve backed him and are watching him. Not for the feint-hearted with how he can hit that flat spot.”