THE BIG BREAKAWAY
- Trainer: Colin Tizzard
- Jockey: Robbie Power
- Owner: Eric Jones, Geoff Nicholas, John Romans
- Age: 5
- Likely Festival Target: Ballymore Novices' Hurdle or Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle
- Current Price: 10-1 Ballymore, 12-1 Albert Bartlett (Betway) (13th February)
- Season Form Figures: 11
- Cheltenham Record: -
- Cheltenham Festival Record: -
- Big-race wins: None
“For me THE BIG BREAKAWAY is the one appeals in the Albert Bartlett but make sure you back him non-runner no bet as he is also in the Ballymore. He is currently 12-1 for the Albert Bartlett and when you see this horse you can’t help but be impressed with him physically.
He cost £360,000 at the Sales and had a huge price tag which obviously hasn’t any guarantee of success, but he looks the real deal. Amazingly, the horse he beat at Newbury, Papa Tango Charly, cost £440,000 and it’s incredible that the finish of a novice hurdle could be fought out by two horse who cost a total of £800,000!
I was really taken by him, both the performance and the physicality of the horse. He is only a five-year-old and he is still very raw, and he could be a real smart horse.
The horse that The Big Breakaway beat at Chepstow on his hurdling debut in November, Blackjack Kentucky has come out and won very easily at Chepstow since so the form has a very strong look to it.
He is the sort of horse you could easily see winning an Albert Bartlett and he is a half-brother to Kildisart who won over an extended three miles at Aintree.”
The Bottom Line
- Strong Suit
- “We don’t know how good he is, he is still has enormous untapped potential.”
- Weak Spot
- “Does he have enough experience for the Albert Bartlett? It can be won by some real hardened types.”